View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no, what I'm saying is that we are better and have always been better than the rest of the world in this regard....don't know about the universe but certainly the world....
And when we behave in a manner that might demonstrate to some that we're not really better then the rest of the world you don't seem to have any issue with it???

Did you ever stop and think that maybe the real reason some are so upset over the torture issue is because they do believe we really are better and don't want our nation to be seen as hypocrites?

Quote:
unless I'm mistaken...post waterboarding, lights left on all night, blaring Hannah Montana, bugs in boxes...these guys still had their heads.... right?....and probably have no lasting ill effects and are likely far better cared for than they were in their terrorist training camps or in the field...
Um, you forgot the part about them being FREE men. I'd think such a Patriot as yourself wouldn't discount the value of freedom.

Quote:
Abu Ghraib was not common practice for military personell but it was sure characterized as such by the media and left simply for political advantage....
Actually, it was characterized as an example of a system that didn't think such behavior was beyond reproach. It was America at it's worst and none of the leadership seemed to care. Hmmm....

Quote:
most people still have no idea what waterboarding actually is...they just know that they've been told over and over that it is the worst kind of torture...I wonder how the public will feel regarding waterboarding if/when the rest of these memos are released and we find that a major attack on LA was interrupted because we waterboarded one of these rats....
Do you know something we don't? Please let us know...

-spence