View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 07:57 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yes. This is going to be worse than Parkland in regards to the ineptitude of the police and maybe the FBI.

The police in Uvalde were armed far higher than the police at Parkland, many with body armor and rifles. They may have gotten some kids out, including their own, while the gunman was in the building - waiting for confirmation on that.

The FIB reportedly had a tip that this kid said he was going to shoot up a school.

The school may have had a lock system, but it was not in play.
how can there be a school that doesn’t have a kick system for christ’s sake?

i saw a report that an offf duty cop was getting a haircut. his wife and daughter were in the school. the wife texted him. he grabbed a shotgun from the barbers office ( it’s TX after all), went to the school, got his daughter out, got a bunch of other kids out, and apparently helped coordinate with CBP as they were entering.

i also hears a mom broke past police and got into the school somehow, and got her two kids out. the wall street journal reported that.

it’s hard to process it all. also hearing that some cops who appeared to be standing there doing nothing had actually been shot already. Lots more to learn.

Lock the god damn doors.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device