View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That will never happen! When the unborn would all choose the GOP candidate, and the jihadists would all prefer the Democratic candidate, my decision has been made. But this year, I may really have to plug my nose when I vote for whoever the Republican is.

I finally saw some math last night. Trump needs 58% of the remaining delegates to get more than 50% of the total. That's unlikely. So he'll probbaly go to the convention, with more delegates than anyone else, but less than 50% o fth etotal.

The delegates have a first vote, in which they are pledged to vote according to their state's primary. Again, that will likely give Trump the most of anyone, but less than 50%. If it's less than 50%, the delegates are all officially "released", and they eventually vote again. That's how it works on the GOP side. In that event, there's a good chance they won't give it to Trump.

I have always said that when there are more than 2 candidates, if the leader didn't get at least 50%, you should have a runoff between the top 2. I don't think that's the least bit unfair.
I don't agree . I believe my vote should count . Funny you calling Trump a " con artist " but you are ok with the GOP pulling a stunt like this . I'm not ok with anyone getting The nomination with less votes then whoever is in front . I can't believe the gall of someone like Kasich thinking he has a right to it .
If the GOP upsets the will of the people they dig thier own grave . That being said I think he gets to 50%
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device