View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 07:37 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The NRA spent $1.8 million in 2018 to elect Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott.

Ron DeSantis has vowed to sign a “constitutional carry” into law in Florida, allowing people to carry guns in public, either visibly or concealed, virtually anywhere, at any time, without training, registration or government licensing.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
in this case, the deranged killer was in a room full of little kids for almost an hour. He could have killed them all with a pocket knife.

i’m not a big gun guy. But how much good will prospective gun laws be, when there are 400 million guns already out there? we know what happens when places like chicago and DC ban guns. it doesn’t help much.

So gun control is one part of this, but there are many other aspects which the left refuses to discuss, because they aren’t political winners for them,,just as gun control
is something the right avoids.

erosion of families, bullying in school ( which teachers tolerate even though they know exactly who’s doing it), erosion of faith, entertainment industry committed to desensitizing kids to graphic violence, mental health issues, americans getting less connected to each other, spending WAY too much time alone online.

It all feeds this. Neither side will admit to it all.

how many kids become killers, who are from a home ( regardless of income) with 2 parents who are dedicated to their kids and who make it very clear that they love those kids? homes where everyone eats supper together and talks to each other instead of staring at screens all day?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device