View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
detbuch, there are already a lot of rules
and regulations to conduct business in the us. if we had a discussion about whether or not it would
help the country if we encouraged businesses to be
more
economically patriotic, i don’t think that makes us Venezuela. You can disagree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Right . . . a discussion will not . . . necessarily . . . make us Venezuela. It would depend on what the discussion was and how much force there was to implement the agreement.

As you said, there are already a lot of rules and regulations. Those are not making business more economically "patriotic." Some, like Warren, would discuss that, therefor, there needs to be more rules and regulations in order for business to comply with the necessary patriotism. That's the rabbit hole to one of the authoritarian "isms."

Now if the discussion led to less rules and regulations, a more business friendly, tax friendly government environment which made American business more globally competitive and internally less onerous enough so that there could be room for business to compete on a smaller scale, the discussion might lead us in a direction that heads out of that portion of the rabbit hole we are already in.

If those in the power net of the central government could roll back the power they have grabbed and PATRIOTICALLY return it to the citizens of this country, that would be an economic patriotism that I like.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-09-2019 at 01:03 PM..