View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
scott i’m not a democrat, i’m not trying to subvert trump. i am saying that a conversation can be had

So start it!

about whether or not the nation would be better off, if these private companies who use american resources

They ARE American resources. We are all American resources. We use each other every day. We can freely do so, or we can be directed on how, when, and where we do so by people like Warren.

and take advantage of american tax laws,

what's the difference between "taking advantage" of American tax laws and "obeying" American tax laws--other than one putting a negative spin on the use of the tax system.

put a little more emphasis on patriotism when making decisions.

Practicing free market capitalism is the highest form of American economic patriotism.

i don’t think that makes me the equivalent of bernie sanders. maybe, just maybe, we can do more to bring more good
manufacturing jobs back, without seriously hurting profitability? we can’t discuss the pros and cons?

So do it. Stop asking the question and begin to answer it.

the middle class is hurting and shrinking. I’d love to give it a boost if we can do it without turning our backs on our principles.

Tell us how to do that. Start the discussion. We can do that here. I would trust your motives more than those of politicians wrangling to maintain or gain power.

Warren is a wretched woman. this particular soap box of hers, strikes a chord with me.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
She is politically wretched. The chord she strikes with me is a sort of logical and political dystonia.