View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #101
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The symbol does not have racist connotations 99+% of the time yet whenever someone not with their Left Party Card does it they are immediately called out as racists, and suffer the onslaught or media and the Social Media defenders of Woke.

This is a bigger problem than anything.

And for the tiny handful that do want it to be a symbol of hate, they’re getting a LOT of help from the useful idiots
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I agree it doesn't have racist connotations 99+% of the time. This time it might have. It was presented upsides down which I believe is further indication it is racist and it had no connection to anything else that was going on - The video clip on the news I saw did not have cadets punching each other in the arm and I didn't see it live when I was watching the game. For those reasons, I don't think the academies where out of line in looking into it, asking questions and stating the cadets didn't have racist intentions.

There hasn't been any big uproar where people have seen the symbol and are calling people racist. It is as much if not more about the right complaining about it as anyone on the left actually doing it - red herring.

No one would ever accuse some 11 year old in Jim's town at the bus stop who flashed the sign and then punched someone in the arm of being racist.