View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #103
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did
that's all ways been the issue . Another example he creates his own issues with the press like this guy

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eur...he-netherlands
Ref A - Nobody is talking about the Wold Book or Bannon. Trump has a little bit of a Jedi Mind Trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
I'm not sure how saying this in a closed meeting with a handful of Senators is the same as "declaring" something to the world. I am sure every president we have ever had has said something similar to this, but it never made the news, but, since Trump has a CNN news crew living in his colon, every single time he passes gas, it makes the news.
Here is the rub. What he says behind closed doors shouldn't be fodder for everything but you have to assume it will be. Maybe he'll have more flexibility after the election... Trump's problem ('cept as when redirecting the lemmings - see Ref A above) is he scores own goals on himself too much increasing the fire he's under, which added to the normal unfair coverage a Rep pres will get from a biased D Media, which fuels the apoplectic left and social media. Volume goes to eleventy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, comrade, tell me what's wrong with this logic.

There are Americans with very low skills.

Most of them make low wages.

We would like them to be able to command higher wages.

When we bring in millions of unskilled immigrants, that's more competition, for the same number of low-skill jobs. When you increase supply of something without a proportional increase in demand for that something, the price for that something (in this case, the wages of low-skill workers) will decrease.

Furthermore, the illegals among the unskilled laborers, are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This drives down the market value of unskilled labor. Which , obviously, makes it harder for unskilled workers to command a higher wage in the free market. If there were fewer unskilled workers, those that remain, could demand a higher wage. Because of decreased supply.

Supply and demand, Spence...supply and demand. You never read page one of a college economics or finance text?

Instead of just saying "that's absurd", enlighten me. Educate me. Tell me where my logic is flawed.
Jim - why are so few people willing to recognize this?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: