View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 04:40 AM   #10
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
HA... that brought back some un-fond memories. Played GC for my first house, was told I'd save a boat-load of money if I did. Decided to do the hardwood myself...roughly 2,600 sq. ft, with the other 300 tiled, never did flooring before...wifee wanted no thresholds, all rooms ran into one another.... ... quite the challenge, created a jig of sorts to handle the wall courses, I did damage the sheetrock a little, but the baseboard offered forgiveness....avoided nail holes at all costs. Lotta blood, sweat and tears,,, but did save a boat load of $$ -

I'll have to check out that procore stuff....thinking of laying out a 2700 sq ft basement, my gut says keep it polished concrete, but wifee is leaning hard with the elbow again...

Gilly...for a first timer laying that much flooring is impressive!
And.....hitting the wall with the mallet as you get closer to finishing is typical....got to choke up on that handle...like right up to the head!
The vinyl planks are excellent for basement floors.
If you would like to see the install I did and grab a few leftovers for samples send me a pm...your welcome to come by the job and check it out. It's at 999 Main Rd.....multi-use commercial property we are slowly rehabing. Westport Marine is one of our tenants.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote