View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:10 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

We are at an unhealthy place in our country where we keep shouting past each other.
when you have people insisting that fellow citizens need to be "cleansed" and "deprogrammed" it's not going to go well...but I'm sure the cleansers and deprogrammers would tell you those needing cleansing and deprogramming made them do it

if we banned the use of gendered terms here,,,,that would probably be a really good start...

also..I don't want to give that creep that runs FB any ideas.... but if they simply expanded on the creation of spell check and created a "thought check"....whenever someone writes something that does not meet the standards of the big tech gods and the current government (as I'm writing this I got a pop up on my screen for "advanced spell check)....thought check should not be optional but mandatory if you want to participate in the arena of "approved ideas" and "civil society"....so whenever you type something that does not meet "national standards" it would automatically edit your thoughts and comments to reflect what the government and tech gods actually know you meant to think and write...this would eliminate so many problems in our society related to social media and general discourse....

of course this would be enforced in a similar fashion to the way weekend and Joe's enforces his mask mandate on federal grounds

think of how much better things would run here...

it would also help everyone maintain a good social credit score when those are instituted shortly....

Last edited by scottw; 01-23-2021 at 03:16 AM..