View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 09:56 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Unfortunately, it was common practice, even in the media, to call it collusion rather than conspiracy. I often did refer to conspiracy, but sometimes to collusion to fit the common practice. A good example of not calling something by its proper name. Which muddies up language and trivializes the law. The law would not have prosecuted him for collusion. If proven, it could have done so for conspiracy.

And, indeed, the law would not have prosecuted him for merely shooting. But for homicide if the shooting was not justified.

And the J6 rioters will probably be prosecuted for crimes other than "insurrection." But the difference here between your "collusion" and "shooting" analogies is that using the wrong term in this case has a political motivation. It is not merely sloppy, imprecise language.

It is an intentional calling it by the wrong name because that word can imply the larger narrative tied to the President. Painting him as a deliberate traitor who attempted to destroy the nation.
You don’t need to paint the emperor who has no clothes, he’s told us who he is, again and again

Now the vermin are turning on each other
Alex Jones Attacks Trump for Promoting Vaccines: ‘Maybe Trump’s Actually a Dumbass

Roger Stone claims that Steve Bannon was a Robert Mueller informant who is merely a grifter. Stone calls for Bannon to be tried and jailed.

Igor pleading guilty and ostensibly flipping on Rudy Giuliani.

This must be a very confusing day for MAGAland.

So at some point, you have to stand back and let self-destruction ensue.
🍿🍿🍿anyone?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin