View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

What have we done!

Seriously?

I am too young to have been around when we landed on the moon. I have no clue what it felt like to watch GI's go off to fight WW2 and to see them return having defeated a dictator who attempted to wipe out an entire race of people. I remember feeling pride when we went off to desert storm because it felt like we were helping people that otherwise would have been overtaken by another militant dictatorship.

My grandparents generation with far less technology broke boundaries. They invented space travel. They flew to the moon. They broke the sound barrier and laid the ground work for the technology we enjoy today. At 37 years old I can honestly say nothing equates to any of these achievements. We have made great advancements in medical treatment and understanding the physiology and bioogy of the human body.

I hear my parents say I remember where I was when they landed on the moon. Etc. I remember the Apollo missions etc. and less celebrated but equally defining when Kennedy was assassinated.

What are the defining moments of our generation? Honestly?

I hope something good happens soon in this world. I don't want the defining moments of
My generation to be where were you when you heard about 9-11, columbine, Oklahoma City, VA Tech and now New Town?

Sorry to be a downer but I just read a eulogy delivered by a mother of a 6 year old. It has me absolutely in a puddle. I really haven't given myself time to process what happened last Friday and it is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now.

I just can not imagine ever getting that call. I hope I never do. Just brutal

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote