Thread: Civil Rights
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In Vermont I can walk into a gun shop and after a phone call to ATF and a payment walk out with any legal firearm. Is that bad? More than 1 suicide happened last year the day a gun was bought, you decide.

I see your point. You had a suicide there last year. That should be enough reason for the other 300+ million of us to decide to give up our rights. God . . . the horror . . . what if you had two suicides?!! What on earth could we give up to make up for that?

Our rights come at a cost to society paid by individuals.

Now I understand why Progressives don't like us to have rights not approved of by the government. They come at a cost to society paid by individuals. Very logical. The Founders should have thought of that. Karl Marx and Putin are obviously wiser than they were.

I’m concerned that choosing a hard line may preserve the status quo for now but will end with the repeal of the second amendment.
Time will tell
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Why are you concerned? It would obviously be a good thing to get rid of those pesky rights thingies. They come at a cost to society. Imagine how rich society would be if rights, except those "reasonable" ones that government allows us to have, were eliminated. Probly could wipe out that unsustainable debt we've created as a result of us having too many rights.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-10-2018 at 12:14 AM..