Thread: Bailing out GM
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #51
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
Anybody remember the GM plant in Framingham?
I once met the guy that threw all of the extra screws on the floor to make people think parts were missing...

GM makes a good product (certainly at the higher end), and the product was what Americans were buying. The people that wanted the economical cars which made zero profit were buying from the Japs, the people buying the big iron (remember, gas was cheap) were buying American. I'll put an 08 Tahoe against any of its foreign completion. I will say my (second) focus is 93% the car of a Corolla or Civic for 87% of the price (I used to work in Toyota service departments, they have problems too).

Chrysler sucks

But we have a choice, we can bail out the AutoMFGs and take a part ownership (to sell back later) for 70billion freakin dollars, OR we can spend 50 billion freaking dollars on all of the displaced workers for GM, the suppliers, the chemists, the banks, and all of the small and medium businesses that support all of the above.

We pay either way. For those that keep buying foreign cars, keep in mind, you are not helping the US that mush. Even the ones that are made (err, assembled) here, the profits go in one of those vacuum sucky thingies back to Japan.

And WHEN the Chinese start marketing cars here in the northeast (they have their foot in the US market), put your money where your mouth is, buy American.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: