Thread: Sleaze bag..
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #41
PaulS

Where is the G-damn f**king flag? I want the G-damn f**king flag up every f**king morning at f**king sunrise."

While this quote is included in more than one book about the Clintons, its original source was a January 1994 American Spectator article by David Brock, who interviewed four state troopers who had worked for the Clintons while Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas. The quote was taken from information provided by Arkansas state trooper Larry Patterson.

<snip>

But in 1998, David Brock himself expressed skepticism about the validity of some of the claims he made in his American Spectator "Troopergate" article and doubts about the truthfulness of the sources he depended on for it:

I guess that I should confess that as the author of the infamous piece, I think "proving Troopergate" may be a tall order. I was as sure of that story when I wrote it as any journalist can be of any story. But in the years since then, the troopers have greatly damaged their credibility.

I'm sure you remember that during the Senate Whitewater hearings, the troopers made fools of themselves with improbable claims about the circumstances of Vincent Foster's death. One of the two troopers who went on the record with me, Larry Patterson, helped promote the infamous Clinton Chronicles, a crackpot video accusing of drug running and murder. Patterson was also recently cited as a source for The Secret Life of Bill Clinton, by British journalist Ambrose Evans-Pritchard. So I've had occasional pangs of doubt: Is it possible that they took me for a ride, embellishing their account for fame and fortune?