View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
good job totally avoiding the initial post and my follow up. Very spence-ish of you. So O'Donell "thrust herself " in the spotlight? How'd she do that? A Tea Party member upsets a DE republican. You sure about that? I know she was supported by SOME of them, but was she a member? The Tea Party is not a political party, O'Donnell is a republican, thus thats why she was in the primary.
WHy is this race, so, so, so , so much more important than the other races? Why????
You're initial post was rather fully addressed in my initial reply. What was avoided? Why the liberal media is trying to make her look dumb and prevent any momentum? If that was truly a question and not just your typical bitching about Democrats, have you ever paid attention during an election?

You're right in terms of affiliation. She's a candidate strongly endorsed by the Tea Party would have been better to say. Trying to take over the nomination from an 18-year veteran and then winning is "thrusting herself into the spotlight".

You have major issues if you truly believe the proportion of news coverage something gets denotes its importance. The relative lack of coverage about the 9 Americans killed in Afghanistan today doesn't make it any less important. However, once the brush fire of news is picked up and turns into a blaze, politicians have to address it - along with the multiple people paraded onto news networks and tossed viewer-friendly, softball questions.