View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:57 AM   #23
Rockfish9

The Plas-core honeycomb deck Deck panels have been glassed on the bottom with 2 layers of 1708 and bonded to the cross members, stringers and hull, and tabbed in, it will get glassed over this week end with 1 layer of 1700, then a layer of 1.5 ounce mat, then a layer of 6 ounce cloth - all the hatches have been cut in, I'm in the process of making a custom one for the battery box/compartment. I pulled all the wires for my pot hauler, nav. lights and trolling motor on the starboard side before I close it off with a soffit, it will have a 4" deck plate inspection hole but it's a lot easier now,
fuel tank
has been pressure tested for leaks to 3psi - all through hulls have been installed, those through the transom have been over drilled, filled with thickened epoxy and redrilled to the proper size, I re-enforced the through hull area with 3 layers of woven roving sandwiched between 1.5 ounce mat, the scoop was reinstalled and bedded in 5200, the sea cock plate was dry fit, marked then bedded in 5200, it has captive tee nuts countersunk in the base to facillitate the bolting of the flange, the secock, has Rector seal on the male threads and the base is bedded in 4200 - bilge pump,wash down, bait well pumps as well as the high water alarm are wired to a busbar that will be connected to the harness from the front, once wired, the bus is slathered in di-elcectric grease to seal out moisture a and air.
the casting platform in the bow has been divided into 2 sections instead of 1, a Plas-core stringer has been glassed in for additional support and as a divider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240414_112117 - Copy.jpg (117.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Bow deck - Copy.jpg (96.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg deck.jpg (336.3 KB, 12 views)

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote