View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Finaddict

Unresponsive Dr. ...

So, I have been seeing this particular doctor for a particular health management care for close to 14 years ... he has always been very responsive and always provided great insight ... top of his field ...

... however, as with most doctors ... his time has become tighter and tighter ... office visits now at most are 5-10 minutes, if I am lucky 15 minutes ...

... but as part of my care, he provides me with a number of prescriptions ... never a problem with having them refilled in a timely manner, although is office is known to be slow to respond, but never so slow as to present problems for me ... until recently, one script that I need to be refilled he has not responded to requests from the pharmacy (at least twice) ... nor to two voice messages I have left ...

... so aside from switching doctors, which I may do (although he is the best north of Boston) ... what channels does one have for this kind of thing?

We are all busy, so that is BS ... is it worth pursuing a complaint to a local medical board? Or do I have to just suck it up and move on?

I will be honest, I want a pound or 20 of flesh on this, maybe more ... I'm pissed ... it's ridiculous.

... this has nothing to do with politics ... but appreciate any thoughts or advice you guys may have ... thanks.

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote