Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

I watched parts of yesterdays performance, I'll be amazed if anything comes out of it.
I have a few comments

I don't see the upside for her doing this, not the democrats, her

I don't believe he never overconsumed, even once, never?

His best friends in high school say it never happened

What happened July first and why was Rachel Mitchell yanked when she started to pursue that question?

They definitely were in the same social circle, her father was president of Burning Tree golf club and his father is a member.

Now the rest of us are learning about the hierarchy of Washington private schools—about what it meant, in the eighties, to go to Georgetown Prep as opposed to Landon or Gonzaga, and about the girls’ schools Stone Ridge, Visitation, and Holton-Arms. By all appearances, the kids from these prep schools almost exclusively socialize with one another, and that social network informs their identities for the rest of their lives. As reporters have investigated Kavanaugh’s high-school years, many alumni have expressed fear about going on the record and alienating themselves from a close-knit community. “I guess you could call it a fraternity between a bunch of rich kids,” an anonymous alumnus of Georgetown Prep, who overlapped with Kavanaugh there, told the Huff Post. “All this #^&#^&#^&#^& happens, and then nobody really wants to talk about it, because if one person crumbles, the whole system crumbles, and everybody tells on everybody.” I spoke with another Georgetown Prep alumnus, who hated high school but still didn’t want to go on the record about what it was like there. Even for those who take less pride in the institution, what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin