Thread: Man down....
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 07:56 AM   #41
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

So here I sit on June 14, Flag Day. Icing. PT appointment in town at 0930. This will be just my fourth time out since the surgery.

Today is three months since I fell and forced the surgery. It is also three weeks and two days since surgery. Using cane and one crutch as a back up. Still not full weight bearing.

Pain is more manageable and evolving. A lot is being able to differentiate and isolate muscles and areas that are healing stretching, etc. Sleeping is better. Will try driving around the block this afternoon. Not going to drive to PT as I use the oxys to lube up and do as much movement as I can bear to. Been very limited use, preferring the Tylenol. So much of this is getting right between my ears... Up to now has been slow going, but improvements seem to be accelerating. So I take the improvements graciously. There is no forcing this thing ahead of schedule, which was hard to accept as I have always been a fast healer.

So, much respect to anyone who has had a knee replaced, any joint replacement (or other serious surgeries for that matter). Take care of you body and appreciate all the smalls in your life that we can do... It is a different story when abilities are taken away.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote