View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 07:28 AM   #7
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Yup, glad I have a little chipper. Any recommendations for line that won't ice over Joe? My jigger is getting build up all the time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I've tried a lot of different lines best solution I know of is a rod with big guides... I use power pro and a 3' leader it Is OK better than plain mono... ... I bought a Eskimo wide one pop up portable for jigging...problem solved... it's very portable and is perfect for moving while looking for schools of fish...it comes in it's own sled which also can hold lots of gear...

this is the set up I use when I'm on foot... medium Nordic sled on a smitty sled... a 30 quart Engal cooler keeps the bait alive even in below zero weather.. the rocket launcher is removablesimply by lifting the hooks high enough to clear the sled than moving aft horizontially it holds my sounding weight....slush scoop 2 jigging rods and 6 tip ups... I made this set up so it can be used on my wheeler or the nordiac sled or even the pop up...my tackle goes in a soft sided cooler... the top half is used for bait storage... ..worms...salmon eggs mousies.. any bait I don't want to freeze...I spark up a zippo hand warmer before I leave the house and put it in that section.. it'll keep my bait from freezing all day... the auger rack support any of my 3 augers... these days I use the ion almost exclusively... I have a 3 hp 10" jiffy and a 2 hp" jiffy that never got used last season

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote