View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 11:25 AM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There may have been a few there who stupidly thought they could pull off a "coup." Bad apples usually show up when there's going to be a huge crowd. That is not a reason to demonize the vast, vast majority of peaceful protesters with a pejorative label that is assigned to the few idiots.

The "protest" (rally) was attended by several thousand people. "Rally organizers told the National Park Service that they anticipated 30,000 people would attend. Law enforcement said the crowd size ahead of the protest was possibly as much as 80,000, according to then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy. The crowd size at the rally was at least 10,000, according to the Associated Press."

Are you accusing those several thousands of peaceful "protesters" of trying to stage a "coup"?
You aren’t following along, Trump and likely a few high ranking GOP members, his advisers and attorneys were attempting just that and I have no doubt the leaders of several groups and their soldiers attending were doing their part to help that cause. Do I think everyone attending was involved, certainly not, but a small percentage were and if all the phone records and timeline were public it would be crystal clear who was part of the big Green Bay sweep.