View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 04:50 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post

“ notice that liberals oppose all the things that would help blacks
get ahead - in tact nuclear families, having dads, school choice, jobs over welfare.”

I've heard many people of color make this point

Based on the above quote, it seems that the preconceived notions you have are that you believe that “blacks” would “get ahead” if they only focused on intact nuclear families, having dads, exercising their right to the school choice they are demanding and choosing to work over claiming welfare.

this would apply to anyone of any color would it not? particularly given the statistics...not a "preconceived" notion...just a fact

That comment insinuates you believe people of color don’t care about nuclear families, father figures in their lives and working.

it is troubling that you make that leap...his point is that democrats/the left consistently stand in the way of and oppose those things because it threatens the power structure, I've heard many people of color make this exact point.... ..you made it something it's not...this is part of the problem

I’m not 100% sure I even need to include the school choice thing here to move forward with my point.

at this point you have no point

The above is troubling, at least to me. Not to you maybe, but I think if the people you associate with are truly as diverse as you claim them to be when you asked me where I “get off” assuming you hang out with only people like you (after I clearly hadn’t done so), then I encourage you to debate the quoted line with them in the context you chose to apply it on this forum.

If your quoted post was not what you intended, maybe you just need to revise your point, but as stated, it’s a head scratcher that you’re calling me the jackass...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

he's probably tired of the dripping sanctimony from the leftists here and elsewhere...it does wear on you