View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you cannot refute something, it must be evil or liberal
That’s a pretty desperate bit of revisionist history
I can easily find a list of over 4000 black people that were lynched
Show me A list of whites, you might find a few but they will be closely tied to preventing a lynching of a black person
Oh, do you have a list of names, dates and places. Or do you just have a number, and who compiled it (Tuskegee Institute?). Wikipedia?

4743 lynched in US between 1882-1968. 3446 of them black 1297 were white. But, apparently your "list" has over 4000 blacks lynched. Interesting. And this doesn't list the number of whites who were lynched in Western states by various vigilantes.

Of course, there is no "list" or verified number of white people lynched at various times or countries in Europe. Several were lynched for various heretical reasons, religious or political or other. The French Reign of Terror did not record the number of lynching's of French dissidents. Southeastern Europe was rampant with various forms of mass killing including impaling and lynching by conflicting powers and factions during the 1000 years after the fall of Rome.

The reasons for all the lynching's have been various. The reasons, in terms of Trumps use of the word are not relevant. The fact is blacks are not the only race to be lynched. And we certainly don't have a clue as to how many Asians were lynched. That could be a huge number considering the long and bitter history of that region.

I don't know what "pretty desperate bit of revisionist history" you're talking about. I didn't bring up history. I didn't revise any. I didn't list numbers. I pointed out the definition of lynching. I pointed out that blacks were not the only ones lynched.

That you, or anyone, automatically ties lynching to that of blacks says more about your bias than about the meaning of the word. That is, the meaning devoid of Progressive political correctness.

And I certainly did not say it was evil or liberal to do so. I pointed out that it was wrong. And it is typical for you to impose the most damaging "interpretation" on Trump's words. It is you that was suggesting something "evil" in using the word "lynching." Which is nonsense.

And I would not accuse Progressives of being "liberal."

And oh, yeah, interesting what-aboutism, Dems used the word "lynching" during the Clinton impeachment.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-22-2019 at 08:04 PM..