Thread: George Carlezon
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
2na

too funny Steve - it didn't take you a long to to post those up!

Mag, that is correct, that is one of his large pencils.

Sea, that's a typical Carlezon story. I can't believe he gave a fish to anyone, but the part about the hooks is classic George. Did he charge you extra?? He was a close friend of mine, I was fortunate enough to have many of those mornings.

Tattoo, the vast majority of Carlezon's plugs were zinc/steel screw eyes, but he did through wire some, darters and jointed pikies. (I kept a supply of stainless eyes, and just about the 1st thing I would do with every one of his plugs was to remove the zinc eyes or they would get rustylike the one Mag has.) When Steve came by to grab those a few weeks back I was telling him a story about how George would make his own eyes out of copper from electrical wire. He was a machinist by trade, so he had made up a jig that he would put a short piece of wire into then pull a lever, and the lever action would engage the wire, make a loop for the eye then twist. He would then epoxy those into the plug - the jointed darter at the top of Steve's 1st pic looks like it has at least one to tie to. He was a Depression era kid, so he didn't let much go to waste.

Jake, I owe you for that beatiful plug from the fest - I have a pencil and another needle for ya. See you on the beach!

Last edited by 2na; 04-15-2009 at 12:50 PM..

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
2na is offline   Reply With Quote