View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #53
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
His issue is he forfeits the benefit of doubt via his own behavior. I can't imaging he wasn't aware of the PR hit Bush took over his lack of focus on Katrina. Sure, a lot of the challenges he inherited but you mix up his rampant bigotry towards hispanics, the paper towel tossing, his insistence that this was the best response ever and to top it all off dismissing nearly 3,000 dead Americans on the eve of a massive storm...

Sorry, but the press isn't making this up or even being unfair. They're just reporting a train wreck for what it is.
I've read some of the whining class reports on this, things like how Hillary got things in gear by shaming Trump (USNS Comfort, etc) except that is not how it happened. The DOD / Navy ramped up hard for Puerto Rico (many after just finishing an 8+ month deployment) to got there and help that faltering (before the hurricane) state.

But facts don't matter because Trump forfeits any is what you are saying. But it's OK since it has become part of the allowable Zeitgeist ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this ^^^^^
Thanks for completing the B side to my we ain'tgonnafixit thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
New Orleans local officials certainly could have done a better job, as could have FEMA, but the primary reason Katrina was such a disaster was due to massive levy failure which is the responsibility of the federal government.
You mean Congress's fault for decades underfunding that, right?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: