View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim your showing your age do you still use a check do you only go to the bank to avoid the ATM fees ?

Companys have used Technology and convenience as a Cash cow and have removed choice from the market ...

Atm started as free baggage was free hotel parking and the pool were free Cell phones you could get with out a data plan no more phone are now leased

again you assume to much why people cant afford health care

and avoid the real reason it cost to much .... its that simple
"Jim your showing your age "

And then some.

"do you still use a check do you only go to the bank to avoid the ATM fees "

For the many years that I didn't have a smart phone, I did have a computer. I used my computer to do all those things. If I couldn't buy health insurance, I sure as hell wouldn't have a smartphone, that would be beyond irresponsible..

So now I have a free smartphone, which I never use the "smart" features of. My wife texts me on it to tell me what she needs me to do. Don't need a smartphone for that.

My wife has a smartphone and likes it. We can afford it. But if I could not afford the basic necessities, that would be one of the first things to go.

"again you assume to much why people cant afford health care"

I assumed nothing. Well, maybe one thing, I assume that if you claim you can't afford health insurance yet you flush money down the toilet on things like cable TV, smartphones, cars, eating out, and Starbucks coffee, then I assume your priorities are out of whack. And I stand by that.

Of course there are people who are not stupid with money yet can't afford health insurance. This topic was started about people who treat themselves to luxuries, yet claim they are poor.