View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

News:

Yes, terrible that there would be an official "News Section" from the campaign but for the most part wee still have a Free Press, not something in those other countries you mention. In fact NOTHING like those other countries.

But the current news outlets were just as Pro-Obama as they are Anti-Trump. For one, I would greatly prefer an even baseline of love / hate so we can have a low bias news but that aintgonnahappen.

As for Obama white house and influencing news I have one name: Ben Rhodes

Quote:
As Malley and representatives of the State Department, including Wendy Sherman and Secretary of State John Kerry, engaged in formal negotiations with the Iranians, to ratify details of a framework that had already been agreed upon, Rhodes’s war room did its work on Capitol Hill and with reporters. In the spring of last year, legions of arms-control experts began popping up at think tanks and on social media, and then became key sources for hundreds of often-clueless reporters. “We created an echo chamber,” he admitted, when I asked him to explain the onslaught of freshly minted experts cheerleading for the deal. “They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/m...guru.html?_r=0

RE: Jobs

Obama created 11 million jobs over 8 years just after the economy lost 8.5 million jobs from 2008-2011, so if you add jobs lost during last year of Bush you are up around 2.5 million net jobs after the recovery.

So over 8 years Obama created 2.5 mil net jobs (at lower wages on average than prior to recession). Trump may do that in 4 but we may have another recession too.

So at best your talking point is that - a talking point, at worst it misrepresents numbers to push a narrative - what we all should be generally against.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: