View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
Motor Fish

Night 1 came and went, nothing to report. Even though I could hear the little basssstards running around up there.

Last night was a little different. All my traps were sprung. About 10PM, I hear my first first trap with a very loud SNAP!!! Must have been the rat trap, good. Shortly thereafter I hear a smaller/lighter snap - I'm thinking mouse trap. Finally, a loud clang (hav-a-hart). I couldn't head up there last night as my whole family was asleep and the pull down makes quite a bit of noise, so I had to wait until this morning to investigate.

First on my patrol was the mouse trap . . . gone. It just wasn't there and to be honest, I didn't think it would do much to a squirrel.

Second was the hav-a-hart and sure enough it was sprung. I peer around the doors to see what I've got . . . and there is nothing???? I just don't see how this thing could fail. The bait was gone, licked clean off the table - very strange.

Finally I work my way over to the rat trap and see a dark shadow and know I have something here. My first kill. Too big to be a mouse, too small to be a squirrel - but it's too dark to be sure. I bring it over to the light and . . . chipmunks! Alvin will not be down for breakfast.

Rebaited and reset the traps - maybe I'll get another one tonight. In the meantime, I need to get some more supplies. I'm going to try the sticky tape and a few more rat traps.

My goal in life is to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.
Motor Fish is offline   Reply With Quote