View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:57 PM   #8
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
Careful..........don't go put a "bulls-eye" on yourself...

Back on topic, these winds unfortunately decide where us small-craft guys can fish, gotta play the wind...whether the fish are there or not,, The illusion is sometimes enough.

You can't always believe the weatherman either....threats of early-mornin' lightning kept me shore-bound last Saturday and I could have easily headed out and been back before the monsoon started...
Always a tough call when you're journey to the ramp is long...not as bad when it's local and you can see for yourself how things really are...?

I just love fishing! Yes, that also includes keeping some for food (family favorites are seabass, fluke, tog with striper in 4th place).
Another crucial part of fishing is telling tales and listening or reading other fisherman's tales about their fishing trips.

A group of guys that sit around talking about environmental issues and politics are NOT fishermen, they are either politicians or grumpy old farts that cry about kids in their yard.

I am not ready to fit into either of those 2 groups. Fish On

I have a small 16 foot 1968 MFG with an underpowered 28hp outboard and yes this wind really makes it hard to fish and limits where I can fish. I recently temporarily pulled my rec lobster pots due to the crappy weather and wind.

Last edited by Cool Beans; 06-28-2017 at 06:04 PM..
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote