View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"

If cop racism is, as you say, a small contributor to the problem, why do liberals (Obama, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson) spend so much time and energy talking about it? I follow these things more closely than most. It is FAR more common for liberals to talk about the white cop boogeyman, than it is for liberals to address the larger contributors to the problem (which obviously is the gangster and fatherless culture that blacks are embracing).
Cops are the people in society that we have charged to protect and serve ALL citizens in the US. If some citizens don't think they are being treated fairly, they have a right to protest peacefully. Every stat shows minorities (blacks) get treated worse by the criminal justice system. I'm sure if Jackson didn't talk about it, some conservative politician (Trump?) would do it instead - right?

THose are 2 different issues totally (and I laugh when conservatives always bring up the murder the rate in Chicago when Blacks protest police shootings). Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities and that it why it is going to be harder and harder for a R to get elected president.