Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #51
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
We are much closer than it appears. I agree the government should stay out. What I've been stating above, and I thought I was clearer, is that the private insurance companies should be applying these surcharges. The government needs to get the hell out of it.
Private companies and institutions (who provide private health insurance) can make decisions without Government involvement. My wife is an HR manager for one of the largest companies in the world (over 300,000 employees world wide) and they will have 100% tobacco free campuses by the end of 2011. This was a decision made privately and not by any government. No smoking will be allowed at any of their sites across the world. You can’t use tobacco in your car or while on company property. Her company’s stance is, if you don't like it, you don't have to work here. This was a big deal and particularly big issue with factory workers as they can not get off the property to smoke and be back before their break is over.

That is one of the ways they are trying to urge employees to quit to help reduce Insurance costs

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"