View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #103
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Got Stripers... I will give that recipe a try.....looks tasty!

When I built my boat six years ago, my focus was to target striped-bass. But the sea-bass fishery has really gotten my attention. My family, including my 98 year old MIL, who sits down for dinner with us every night.... agrees that black sea-bass taste and texture is better than striped bass.

I still fish from shore a few times a week, and do pretty well catching stripers, but now its mostly C&R.

My son's girlfriend with her first ever sea-bass.
I have yet to even think about stripers, the window for none top sea is brief and in a week from now they will start to drop out to cooler water and I like to fill my freezers with vacuum sealed sea bass and tog for good eating all winter. Cracks me up when I see in one of the latest OTW articles, that they state sea bass don't freeze well, I suspect they are idiots or not doing it right. Thawed out in their bags slowly in cold water, it's just like fresh all year round; I still have two bags of tog to go from last October. You don't need a lot of Chef Paul's, I dust the top of the panko I have on a small plate then stir it around with a fork to mix before pressing the egg coated filets in, then the key is a hot hot skillet of canola oil.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote