View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis View Post
It doesn't affect you that much because you're middle class and you have a pretty good handle on life. Thing is you're middle class and you have more wealth than a huge majority of the country. If we're talking globally you're in the 99%. The other small percent above you prob 3% of the country have an astronomical amount more than you, and the ones below your class are living in squalor. Get it? Its not supernatural, income inequality means more poor people and a weaker economy...
I agree that I'm middle class and comfy, and that I'm better of than 99% of the world when you consider places like Haiti and Africa. I agree. But the uber wealthy in this country are NOT TAKING money away from those people.

The vast majority of wealthy people,got wealthy because they came up with a way to make people want to givethem a little bit of theit money, by their own choice.

"The other small percent above you prob 3% of the country have an astronomical amount more than you"

That's absolutely true. But th efact that they have more doesn't result in me having less. If Bill Gates didn't exist, that doesn't mean that his billions would be spread out to those who need it. It doesn't work that way. He created that wealth, he didn't confiscate it from soneone else.

If the rich get richer, that does not mean that there's less wealth available for the rest of us. Wealth is not finite, it';s not like a pizza where a bully eats half on his own, leaving little for the rest of the group. Wealth doesn't work like that.