View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

A few statements excerpted so you can see just where the Stable Genius and his shadow cabinet come up with policy. Fell free to listen to the whole thing, there is a lot more that will emerge. Especially about Yovanovitch.

Trump: "China didn't become great until the WTO." Trump is explaining how China was going nowhere, then they joined the WTO and bam, like a rocket ship.

Trump is just making up random econ stats, and then everyone around the table goes, "Wow," "Incredible," "Woooww," "Amazing."

Now everyone is discussing steel tariffs. Trump expresses frustration that South Korea dare competes with the U.S. steel industry: "Can you believe it." "How we ever got involved in South Korea in the first place, tell me about it."
Trump says South Korea is "one of the toughest trading partners we're dealing with, tougher than China."

Trump is bragging about his steel tariffs to one of the people at the dinner, and how much steel prices has gone up, and isn't that great. The man then gently corrects him, "I'm not a steel producer, I'm a steel buyer."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin