View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, you are incorrect, the enabling legislation and DOJ rules calls out what is required and Mueller clearly lays out what he believed he could and could not do in the report.

Can you point out a DOJ rule that prohibited Mueller from concluding that Trump obstructed justice. A conclusion is not an indictment.

What we are to do at this point is really simple, the House investigates and if needed impeaches the President.

Who are "we"? You certainly seem to be part of that crowd. A different "we," would say that what we are to do at this point is really simple, it's over, move on.

Meanwhile Trump continues to obstruct the investigation, and it is justifiable in your mind because he's mad.

What "investigation" is Trump "obstructing"?

Others think he is covering things up.

"Others" think that Mueller, Schiff, Comey, Nadler, et al. are covering things up.

Pay attention to Muellers closing statement:
"I will close by reiterating the central allegation of our indictments—that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election.
That allegation deserves the attention of every American."
I paid attention to Mueller's closing statement, as you request, focused on it like a laser, and noted that the "central allegation" was of their "indictments". That there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election being alleged in their "indictments". I noticed that the "allegation" which deserves every American's attention was a central part of their "indictments".

Did you notice that Trump was not part of those indictments? That Mueller concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to indict Trump on charges of systematic efforts to interfere in our election?