View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 09:13 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
funny your response to facts

Funny you'ld say that . . . I wasn't responding to any facts.

is a story from Breitbart

It wasn't actually a story from Breitbart. It was a Breitbart comment on a piece that did not originate in Breitbart by a Democrat who favored Bernie Sanders. And the Breitbart commentary also reproduced the full piece by Professor Matloff. Did you even read what Matloff wrote? He totally destroyed the Washington Post Fact checker's so-called fact checking. What Matloff did didn't require any special expertise on his or the reader's part to understand or "interpret." He used his own native intelligence to see through the Post's bias and totally dismantled the Post's "facts."

Or did you just see "Breitbart" and consider that was enough to discredit the whole thing?

and an OPINION
piece.. thanks for making my point .. this is the same play book used in Global warming lets find the 1 guy who disagree with the majority and sell it as counter evidence .. I guess Oklahoma Magnitude 5.6 earthquake wasn't influenced by Man either
You use the tired old Progressive play book of characterizing a source as unworthy of even considering therefor, a priori, dismissing anything it has to say, thereby evading any need to analyze it or even discuss it.

And the "OPINION" piece, as you describe it, stated several "facts" to buttress its opinion. Which is a lot more than I can say about your opinionated response.

As for making your point, I'm not sure of which point you are referring to. I am not trying to out of hand dismiss so-called fact checking. But for god's sake, have enough native intelligence to see through what is often opinion rather than fact. Biased opinion at that. Sure, one can reasonably refute false quotes. But calling incomplete or incongruous analysis, as in the WaPost's fact checking (that Matloff shredded) "facts" is more than wrong or misleading. It is a form of lying.

My point is that having full faith in "fact checkers" may absolve you of critical thinking, but it can make you what others here refer to as a sheeple.