View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Who has said this?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He's been convicted and sentenced, so it's over. And the judge has him under a gag order. So he's not allowed to talk about the proceedings, he's not allowed to speak in his defense when he's excoriated on CNN. Which from what every lawyer (even democrats) I've heard say, is very unusual for a case like this.

The guy was convicted of a crime, I have no problem with him being punished. However, I think it's very strange that he, of all people, is worthy of a special forces team storming his house at dawn, rather than simply calling his lawyer to have him turn himself in. And everyone says a gag order in this kind of a case is unusual. And the jury forewoman (while obviously only one juror) had absolutely zero business being on that jury. So there are multiple red flags. It smells of politics. Why an assault team with those kinds of weapons? Is that a typical response for an old man accused of interfering with witness and of lying about emails? Maybe all seniors accused of these kinds of crimes get that kind of a response, and if so, that's fair. But I'd bet that's not the case.

If his conviction isn't overturned, he'll probably get pardoned.