View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #24
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1193523]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Wayne, do you really not think that mail-in ballots are more conducive to fraud, than in-person voting?

What's the harm in expecting people to vote in-person if at all possible? It's amazing to me, that this is controversial.

For the people who don't vote, are most making a free choice? Or does the current system suppress them somehow?

republicans have been suppressing the vote for decades you must have missed all the examples Since the 2010 elections, 24 states have implemented new restrictions on voting. Alabama now requires a photo ID to cast a ballot. Other states such as Ohio and Georgia have enacted "use it or lose it" laws, which strike voters from registration rolls if they have not participated in an election within a prescribed period of time.[/QUOTE]

One must ask how did we vote before 2010 and why would the laws to vote need to be changed ?

do we cry military and other absentee ballots are riddled with fraud?
the below already do all mail ballots..

State Statutes on All-Mail Elections
States that conduct all elections by mail:
Colorado (CRS §1-5-401)
Hawaii (Hawaii Stat. §11-101)
Oregon (ORS §254.465)
Utah (Utah Code Ann. §20A-3a-302)
Washington (Rev. Code of Wash. 29A.40.010)

whats shocking is Mail in voting is controversial with only the ..republicans why? time and time again they cry voter fraud and then are not be able to present this massive fraud they insist exist

Voting is a choice why not make that choice as easy as possible

I dont trust Mobile voting or internet voting

being against mail in voting because the fear of voter fraud.. are the same people who protest state lockdowns crying freedom dressed for combat .. saying Covid 19 is a hoax when we know voter fraud is the real hoax but they will insist that its real
I think that republicans have don terrible things to try and suppress the vote in some isolated cases. I don't see how telling people they need to show up in a 12 hour window, keeps more democrats from voting than republicans.

The right to vote is sacred. I have zero desire to put my ballot in my mailbox. I don't want anyone in my blue state who knows how I vote, to take it out of my mailbox. I don't want my mailman handling it. I want to know for sure my vote is counted. You can't guarantee that with mail, and don't even bother talking about internet voting, nowhere near secure enough.