View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

One question I'd like answered. Apparently one of the FISA applications the FBI filed against Carter Page, listed the Steele dossier as justification for the wiretaps, and the FBI also listed a Yahoo news article as confirmation of what was in the Steele dossier. The problem is, the Yahoo article was attributed to Steele, Steele freely admits this. That's some rigorous verification! Why did the FBI do this, and who did it?

Let's have at it.
FISA is used for intelligence gathering operations, not typically criminal investigations. If criminal charges are brought they typically try and obscure the FISA investigation for security reasons.
Carter Page's FISA was approved and then re-approved every 90 days as Page's was three times. Each time reasonable evidence needs to be given for why the investigation should be continued. The application grew from 66 pages to 101 pages, since much of it is redacted we can only assume that reasons were found to continue the investigation.
Thinking that every intelligence investigation has to or does find a problem is simplistic at best, and at worst would make it impossible to investigate much at all.
This was not the first time Carter Page was the subject of a FISA investigation, I would assume that he was involved in some activities that were possibly dangerous to the security of the USA. Perhaps some feel that we should not conduct any investigations till after the fact. Pretty hard to prevent things that way.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin