View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"modest risk" is lobbing missiles into a country to punish a dictator whom you and many of your closest progressives were only recently enabling and licking the toes of, but who has fallen out of favor with you because he's embarrassed you in some way and so now you assume the even more "modest risk" of arming the rebels opposing the dictator with the tasty toes despite the fact that they are increasingly proven to be radical islamists/jihadists...

the enemy of my friend turned enemy is my friend/enemy

it's quite a pickle

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...es-report.html
"Significant" effort and risk is what is asked of people who teach law school, I suppose.

Pat Tillman, NFL all-star who quit the NFL and joined the Army Rangers after 09/11 and was killed, only made a "modest" sacrifice.

And the former Seals who worked security in Benghazi, who ran to the annex to help and paid for it with their lives? According to the SecState at the time, the woman who will likely be our next president, their sacrifice was so modest, that it "doesn't matter" to inquire as to the circumstances of their deaths.

This is what you get from Ivy League, elitist gasbags, who never, ever have to ante up themselves. They just sit back, drinking apple-tinis, disparaging those who roll up their sleeves and accomplish the actual good in the world.

It's repugnant.