Thread: Nauset News
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

From MBBA's website:

Updated 06/08/2006

Ladies and Gentleman,

Here is the latest report for Nauset Beach…

As of 6/7/06 Nauset Beach is closed to ORV traffic from trial 7 to the south barricade. Unfortunately, there is a good chance that the birds that are nesting at the Pochet wash-over will hatch some time this month (June) and therefore, pose the threat of closing ALL of Nauset beach to ORV traffic. This is something I can assure you that both towns are trying to avoid. If any alternative measures that the towns are submitting to the state are accepted, the towns of Orleans and Chatham will make the necessary changes to allow Nauset Beach to remain open to ORV’s.

I certainly understand the frustration that is starting to build with the numerous issues that are surrounding us due to the piping plover. As stated in an above post, the MBBA Officers, Board of Directors and general attendance at last nights meeting spent hours discussing what WE AS A ORGANIZATION can due to look deeper into what is going on with this threatened species. Several of us did not get home until after midnight last night. It’s obvious that we have a steadily growing issue on or hands and it is time to work together as a team. It’s a proven fact that power is in numbers and it’s time to do something about this.
My suggestion right now is to stay in touch with your beach reps., this is very important. Keep in mind that this message board is a great tool and thousands of people read our posts. Therefore, don’t let your frustrations out on this message board, give your beach rep a call or drop an email. Again, I can assure you, your organization and the local beach managers are trying there best to keep these beautiful beaches open for all to coexist and to enjoy.

Keep your head up and don’t give up…

Scott Morris, MBBA Nauset Beach Representative

It's time to do something about this? Discussing what they as an organization can do to "look deeper" into what is going on??? WTF have these guys been for the last 15 years? The time to do something was years ago

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote