View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think he would be more popular if he would handle what his opponents or the Press say about him more like Reagan did. But that won't happen. And it would only be the backing of public popularity that would persuade his opponents to compromise. He doesn't seem to lack negotiating skills outside of dealing with Democrats. This is a critical time in determining the direction the country will take, especially for the Progressive agenda. And Trump, being an outsider to the normal politicking that has been so favorable to that agenda over the last several decades, makes him a threat that needs to be squelched. So, without a large public support that can scare the Dems into compromising, they won't. And the Progressive minded Republicans may not ultimately back him.
I think you’re close but I think the old school republicans don’t like him seizing control of the Republican Party and are looking to their vision of the future.
Trump is not growing the party, he is reducing it. People who identify as leaning republican are put off by his failure to be or inability to appear to be a truthful leader. Put that in just for you.
These guys are shrewd longtime politicians with long term goals and they will not be Nixoned again.
Either he pulls this off and skates thru the investigation issues or they turn and he’s gone.
If he’s gone I am not sure that Pence will be allowed to pardon him. They want to win the next election or at the very least be in a positive position, not viewed as enabling.
There’s a reason McConnell has been invisible and Graham has been helping.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin