View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #76
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"he left out the fact republicans held both houses for 2 years until january and then once democrats took over the House ?? "

You are absolutely 100% correct. Trump campaigned on this issue, it wasa huge reason why he won the primary, and the GOP controlled congress for 2 years, and they did nothing. A lot of republican voters are ticked off. It won't make us vote for democrats, but we are mighty ticked off. You are absolutely 100% correct, it's sleazy for him to say that the dems are the only reason we don't have a wall. I don't know why they didn't do it when they could have.

"Fear fear fear"

A couple thousand murders? If his crime stats are accurate, don't places with high numbers of illegals, maybe have a legitimate concern? Just as it's wrong for Trump to refuse to accept some blame for not having the wall yet, it's equally wrong (in my opinion) for democrats and the media to say it's a manufactured crisis. The democrats passed some big bills in 2006 and 2013 to tackle immigration, so it seemed like they thought it was a crisis then.

Both sides are way more interested in using this issue as a club against their opponents, than they are in fixing it. This is a great example of why congress has a dismal approval rating, and they deserve it.

"Someone needs to tell Trump not everyone has 3 months worth of income in the bank... "

Did you say the same thing when Obama oversaw a shutdown? Be honest...
Please this shut down is not remotely the same as Obama’s shut down but once agin you show your skills off suggesting they are the same

Yes dems passed bills so have reps on the issue but Trump keeps moving the goalposts on his own team

Are Trump or his supporters familiar with the fable of the boy who cried wolf? Because it’s playing out now in the White House l
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device