View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And your point? if I remember our last POTUS had impressive credentials wrote several books. But that didn't cause you to sing his praises
What point was I supposed to make? You asked if your Wiki blurb was the John Yoo who I meant. I replied with the John Yoo who I meant.

And the reason I didn't sing Obama's praises is because he was the leader of the then current Progressive administration. I didn't read his books. I didn't know much about him other than what the right and left wing types and media said about him. None of that was of much interest or concern to me. What concerned me was Obama's part in the continued and successful transformation of our governmental system from a constitutional republic to a centralized Progressive regulatory state.

The Yoo interview video I posted was partially a counterpoint to the Axios interview of Trump that Pete posted, but also, and more importantly, it touched on the issues we really should be discussing re this coming election rather than Trump or Biden.

As for Yoo, I don't know much about him. Like Trump and Biden, I don't care about who he is, so long as he's not some kind of criminal or rapist or child molester. Even if he was one of those, he might still actually have valid and useful ideas on politics and government.

The Yoo video discovered for me a clearer articulation of what I suspected was happening via Trump and the Constitution as well as the further danger to the Constitution and our republican form of government as it was founded if the Progressives regained power.

I watched Pete's video and commented on it. I don't know if you watched my video, but you did, as usual, and as expected, comment not on the video and its content, but, instead, attempt a kill the messenger deflection.