View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"A woman can do it with a coat hanger also with or without a lawyer or doctor."

Yes she can, that's called Darwinism. She can also give it up for adoption. Last time I checked, there are no large orphanages in this country. Babies get placed.

"If you have such concern about the unborn, a focus on making the great majority unnecessary"

The vast majority of unwanted pregnancies are already unnecessary. In this country, at this time, there are all kinds of ways to not get pregnant. Is this news to you?

"and hope "

And what is more hopeful than placing a baby with a couple that cannot have one of their own, but desperately want one?

"far more effective than worrying about the few extreme examples."

Says the guy who started this post with warnings of coat hangers. Because that's not posturing or fear-mongering...
I don't disagree that adoption is a better option and tell me do you believe women of childbearing age should be able to get birth control?

It's poor alone or young and scared women who have no hope or a father that would beat them for getting pregnant that make that choice. A coat hangar or a back alley abortion were the only choice till Roe vs Wade unless you were wealthy enough to go out of the country or another state or pay for a doctor who was willing to break the law.
Just think there are fewer abortions now than before 1973.
Ideally there would be none, good luck with getting to that point.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin