View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I wasnt aware that was happening. Aholes in all walks of life. I think it was RIJimmy that said "people suck"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quick story.

My mother in law passed away last November the weekend before Thanksgiving. So we had the funeral the saturday after Thanksgiving. After the funeral we were all hanging out at her house having a couple of drinks and just shooting the breeze. My son comes up and said that his girlfriends mom wanted to come by and give her condolences and if that was cool. I was like "Of Course it is" I hadn't met her yet so this was our first time meeting.

So my son comes up with her and introduces her to us, and my wife's uncle (a foaming at the mouth Trump hater) immediately asks her who she voted for? Not a "Hi" or "Nice to meet you" it was 'Who did you vote for?"

She gets the look on her face because she knows what's coming next and say " I voted for Trump". My wife's Uncle immediately launches into a tirade about Trump and why she would ever vote for him, asks her what her stance is on abortion, and ends the whole thing with "What the F**k is wrong with you?"

The woman's only crime was casting a vote for someone he didn't like and the only thing she wanted to do was pay her respects for HIS SISTER!!!

After she left I looked at him and asked him "What the F**k is wrong with you?". he honestly thought he didn't do anything wrong.

These are the people I'm talking about, the true Trump haters that can't reside in the world of common decency just because his name is mentioned.

I get why people don't like the guy, hell, I think he is a class A douche, but I would never EVER treat somebody that way over a friggin vote they cast.

I've heard/seen people calling other people racists, and other names, just because they voted for him. It's rediculous. I've been called that just because I won't roll over and disavow is very existence. And I didn't even vote for the guy, I just don't let him reside in my head rent free.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."