View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #50
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Don't you?

-spence
yes spence, some democrat nobody in MA is crying about it in the media but lets see what Romney's sideman (oops, side woman) as governor had to say about it.
who you going to believe???

Mitt Romney’s female ex-lieutenant governor took a swipe on Thursday at criticism of the GOP nominee’s comment during the debate that he had “binders full of women” while he was staffing up as governor of Massachusetts.

“I … think this is so ironic because it’s given us an opportunity to talk about one of the great strengths of Gov. Romney during his time in office, which was that he did want to bring women’s voices into government, that he did have half of the women in his top appointed positions, right there with him,” said Kerry Healey, the former lieutenant governor of Massachusetts who served with Romney.

Her comments came in the wake of an explosion, on Twitter and beyond, of memes and jokes jabbing Romney for his “binders” comment. But Healey, who was interviewed on Fox News’s “America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum,” said she didn’t find Romney’s comments eyebrow-raising.

“I was the person he asked to be liaison to the group that had collected those résumés for us,” Healey said. “So I had spent hours poring over the résumés of the women contained in those binders. I knew exactly what he was talking about.”

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all