View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #28
Mr. Sandman

USA did very well. Canada played their best game of the tournament yesterday but overall USA played a better tournament.
I would have liked to see USA win just to shut Canada up. They were not **that** good. But I did like the tempo of play and wished more games in the NHL were played at that tempo.

I don't think it does much for the sport. Most people don't pay attn to hockey even in the Olympics. Ask the guy on the street who won the previous Olympics??? This too will be forgotten in no time....its meaningless.

I would like the games be an amateur event. I think they would mean a lot more to the public and players. We all know Crosby is a great player, I want to see college kids in the events. I think if you make the choice to go pro, you should not get the opportunity to even compete in the Olympics. The sport is suppose to be about the best **amateur** players not a glorified all-star game. The games don't excite me anymore, I could care less who wins. I root for the USA but I really don't care.

I bet the Olympics reverts back to armature play soon, this is not that appealing to watch pros play. Also I think it is weird that the NHL shuts down for two weeks during the olympics. If i was paying some player to play for my team and he gets pulled to play for the olympics , I would want a) payment for using my player and b) insurance against injury
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote