View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Thank you for the kind words. Interestingly enough, the diahrea, screwed up her cumiden, because her fluids got out of wack. Her INR was 16.3 a few days ago. Between her hospitalist, because I had to rush her to the ER where she was then admitted, and her oncologist, they devised a treatment of giving her two bags of plasma, FFP's, to get her back on track. After running a myriad of tests on everything, she is feeling much better. Her oncologist is going to cut her chemo in half, but give it to her twice a week. They are going to montior her fluid levels, potasium and vitamin K, more closley during the next four week course of treatment.

I am a little used to this because my wife had a mastectomy in "97". The chemo and the sickness and all the scary chit that is real or imagined that runs its course during the illness can be overwhelming for the patient. But if the patient can take it, I can, we can. At 85 my mother isn't afraid of too much. I have to say my brother, Squidkidsdad, and my two sisters have all been doing thier share as well.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote